PE Vision statement
At Thrumpton Primary Academy, we believe that Physical Education and Sport have a vital role to play in the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children. Physical Education and Sport are important in giving children the knowledge, understanding and the tools to make informed choices about healthy living and have a positive impact on their own health and well-being.
The Physical Education curriculum at Thrumpton Primary Academy, aims to provide for pupils’ increasing self- confidence through an ability to manage themselves successfully in a variety of situations.
Children will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of sports and physical activities, carried out in a safe and supportive environment, where effort and hard-work, as well as success, is celebrated and enjoyment and working together is promoted.
- To provide a curriculum that satisfies the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- To provide up to two hours of high quality physical activity per week for all pupils.
- To provide an environment in which pupils enjoy and are committed to PE and sport.
- To ensure pupils understand that physical activity is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, including social and emotional well-being; both in and out of school and now and in the future.
- To provide all pupils, irrespective of ability, opportunities to experience and succeed in positive, enjoyable and stimulating PE and sport.
- To provide opportunities, within the academy (intra) and between academies (inter), for pupils to participate in a range of competitive, creative and challenge-type activities, as individuals and as part of a team.
- To develop competence in the fundamental movement skills and control in gross and fine motor skills.
- To develop stamina, suppleness, strength and agility and the determination and resilience to keep going.
- In lessons, to establish: clear learning objectives and success criteria, opportunities for pupils to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and competence, challenges to enable pupils to select and use skills with regards to tactics and composition and other opportunities for pupils to communicate, solve problems and make decisions.
- To provide meaningful links to other areas of the curriculum and to national and international agendas.
- To provide an out of academy hours’ programme of activities which enables pupils to extend and enrich curriculum provision.
- To establish good habits: an awareness of safety and hygiene and being responsible for PE equipment.
Our main objective in order to develop P.E. this year (2017/2018) is to utilise the £17,700 PE Primary Funding effectively in order to improve the quality, provision & sustainability of PE and school sport.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.